Fusion artists Midival Punditz and Karsh Kale (or MPKK as they are called as an ensemble) have released the first track of their upcoming musical with Shekhar Kapur called Circus Of Life. The song, titled Today, is devoid of any electronic influence that the artists are primarily known for, instead consisting of a dulcet flute-piano-strings dominated arrangement that builds up to a brief orchestral surge in the middle. The song also has a short Hindi narrative at the start and finish (guessing it is Shekhar Kapur from the voice). A preview of what promises to be a wonderful musical. I only wish that many people listen to this. The last work that Kapur did for Swarovski called Passage, had some brilliant music by A R Rahman but I doubt many apart from the hardcore ARR fans heard that. Really hoping this one doesn’t face the same fate. You can listen to the MPKK track here. All you have to do is like the MPKK official page.
- Passage – Music Review
- Bbuddah Hoga Tera Baap (Hindi Movie Soundtrack) – Music Review
- First single from Karsh Kale’s Cinema out for free download!
- Shanghai – Music Review
- Coke Studio hath arrived again!!
- Komaram Puli – Music Review
- Manjadikkuru – Music Review (Malayalam)
- Music Review – Anjaana Anjaani
- Rock The Tabla: Hossam Ramzy’s fusion album feat. A R Rahman, Billy Cobham
- Phir Mile Sur?? Not quite..