Big thanks to all of you who participated in the contest! We had a lot of responses, and quite a few all-correct ones at that! We did a lucky draw of sorts from the top entries, and found our two winners – Gayathri Subramanian and Adithya Vishwanath. Congrats to both of you! We shall be getting in touch with you separately with details. The correct answers can found alongside the respective question, below.
As you probably know already, either from our post a month back, or from elsewhere, A R Rahman is performing in London after a gap of five years, on the 15th of August at The O2. The concert titled A R Rahman: The Greatest Hits Live shall feature, apart from ARR, singers like Srinivas, Karthik, Neeti Mohan, Shweta Mohan and Javed Ali.
The reason for this post though, is that we have two tickets to the event to give away! With these tickets you get to watch the concert, naturally, but also get access to the prestigious O2 VIP Lounge and to the After Party at the Brooklyn Bowl!
So here’s the deal. We have prepared a short audio-based quiz for you to solve; should be a piece of cake if you are a fan of the master and follow his music. You can either post your answers as comment to this article (comments are moderated so others will not be able to see it unless we approve), or you can mail your answers to email@example.com. Please state your full name and contact details along with the answers. Two people will be selected at random from the ones with most correct answers. The last date for submission of answers is the 8th of August. The winners shall be announced in this post on the 11th of August, along with the correct answers.
To the quiz then. Good luck!
1. What is the instrument played in the second half of this clip called? – This is the continuum fingerboard
2. This snippet from the background score of Roja later became part of a superhit song from a 1996 Tamil movie (also dubbed into Hindi). What song? – Telephone Mani Pol from Indian (Telephone Dhun Mein in Hindi)
3. Which international band teamed up with ARR to create this English version of his Oscar winning song? – Pussycat Dolls
4. Though not officially credited, who is often quoted to have written the English lines of this song? – We were looking for Farhan Akhtar, though we also accepted entries that named both Farhan and Zoya Akhtar
5. For which brand did Rahman compose this signature tune, that went on to become one of the most popular jingles in India? – Airtel