Pretty much everything about Baby Doll induces a heard before feel – Vishal Shekhar’s arrangement, Sukhwinder Singh’s rendition alongside Udit Narayan, even the English-Bhojpuri(?) combo lyrics. Having said that, each of those factors has an engaging side to it which makes the song fairly enjoyable. Vishal Dadlani’s singing is interesting in Pehn Di Takki, but the song has nothing else in particular to boast of. We Are Like This Only is relatively better off; I particularly liked the title hook. Then again, I could be biased since I found the song’s video rather cute. Mann Baavra starts off promising to be another addition to those pensive pieces Shekhar Ravjiani has sung in the past to their own music. But then something goes wrong come the interludes, wonder if something went wrong in the mixing itself. The composers give the best of the soundtrack to Neeti Mohan. Dil Kaagzi is beautiful, with its sweeping waltz-y arrangement highlighted by some glorious use of strings, and a perfectly delicate rendition from the lady herself.
Not the best start to the year for Vishal Shekhar, Gippi, but in Dil Kaagzi they have a winner.
Music Aloud Rating: 6.5/10
Top Recos: Dil Kaagzi, Baby Doll, We Are Like This Only
- Student of the Year – Music Review
- Music Review – I Hate Luv Storys
- Chennai Express – Music Review (Bollywood Soundtrack)
- Aasma girl Neeti Mohan releases debut single “Ja Ja”
- Ra.One – Music Review (Bollywood Movie Soundtrack)
- Shanghai – Music Review
- Gori Tere Pyaar Mein – Music Review (Bollywood Soundtrack)
- Rascals – Music Review (Bollywood Movie Soundtrack)
- Kahaani – Music Review (Bollywood Movie Soundtrack)
- The Dirty Picture – Music Review