So a screwed-up net connection at home has ensured that I miss Episode 3 of MTV Sound Trippin’. However with immense perseverance I managed to load the video of the song alone, titled Susegaado. Having missed the episode I am not quite sure what elements went into the background apart from the couple of things shown at the start of the video, but from the sound of it this is the least wacky song that I have heard on the show. Nevertheless it is Goan music, a genre that always works, like the place does, in its calm easy-going manner. Sneha Khanwalkar does a smart thing by having kids render the English nursery rhymish lines (wonder if they penned it too), and the double-timed Konkani vocals in the middle adds beautifully to the proceedings. Wonder who the mandolin/violin player is. The best thing about the song is the video though, where the makers take care to capture everything that Goa stands for, the beaches, churches, festivities, Mario Miranda.. People holding up the quintessentially Goan place names and surnames on slate I totally loved! Below are the videos as usual. I have seen only the latter like I said, but am sure being Goa the episode as such would have been a visual treat. Watch! (In case you are unable to view the video below due to permission issues, try watching it here.)
- MTV Sound Trippin’ Episode 3 – Yellapur
- Unreleased track from Dewarists out for free download!
- MTV Sound Trippin’ Episode 2: Banaras
- MTV Sound Trippin’ Episode 7 – Jiyai Rakha (Majuli)
- 8 songs from Coke Studio at MTV Season 2 out for free download!
- Aasma girl Neeti Mohan releases debut single “Ja Ja”
- Paul Dateh’s amazing violin mashup!!
- MTV Sound Trippin’ – A Trip from Sound to Song
- Coke Studio at MTV Season 2 Episode 8 – Review
- MTV Unplugged India – Episode 4 (Rekha Bharadwaj): Songs and Review