JT Performing Arts Center is organizing a World Music concert in Kochi tomorrow. The show, called Beyond Kipling – A Melharmonic Exploration (smart nod to the famous line from the author), will have Chitraveena Ravikiran, Brazilian veteran Jovino Santos Neto on the Grand piano, Fazal Qureshi on percussion, Charumathi Raghuraman on violin and Anantha Raman Krishnan on mridangam. The concert begins at 7 pm on Sunday, 28th of August, at the Choice Campus, Thrippunithura. The ensemble has already performed in Pune, Mumbai and Bangalore, and Kochi is supposedly the last stop of the tour. Given that such concerts are not a frequent phenomenon in Kochi, if you are a Kochi resident and a music lover I would advise you to immediately book the tickets. I have already booked mine! The tickets are priced at 250, 500, 750 and 1000. You can book them here. And if you want a general idea about the musicians, just click on the names above.
- Remember Shakti India tour of February – Schedule
- Makk Quartet’s Matt Renzi and Amit Heri to perform across India
- World’s No. 1 DJ David Guetta headlines Eristoff Invasion in March 2012
- “Mystifying” New Delhi with oriental music!!
- Bacardi NH7 Weekender 2011
- Madonna’s tribute to MJ
- A.Song.A.Day – American Pie
- Guitar Gurus – An ensemble of five virtuosos..
- Soumik Datta and Bernhard Schimpelsberger’s “Circle of Sound” tour India
- A.Song.A.Day – Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door