Happened to listen to this tribute song to Sachin Tendulkar titled Apna Tendulkar. Divine Raaga, a Bangalore-based fusion-rock outfit, are the people behind the song which they called the “official Sachin Tendulkar tribute song”. The band apparently gifted the DVD to Sachin day before yesterday. All the Sachin sentiments apart, I am interested to know how this became “official”. The song has got an amateurish touch all about it, whether it be the video or the mixing or the arrangement. The vocalist has done a decent job, and the music is generally feel-good, but apart from that there is nothing special about the track. For a band that is supposed to be fusion rock, the song surprisingly lacks any element of fusion; or I am missing their definition of fusion. In all, a pretty ordinary attempt from Divine Raaga, which will be helped to a great extent by the subject it deals with, and the World Cup season. I hope they have got some stuff up their sleeves to sustain the audience they gain from this. You can watch the song here.
- Shor In The City (Hindi Movie) – Music Review
- An Irish nod to the English game!!
- Adele’s Skyfall Theme full version is out!
- Thattathin Marayathu – Music Review (Malayalam)
- Daily Quiz #52
- Rahman loses out to Reznor/Ross and Newman at Oscars
- MTV Unplugged India – Episode 3 (Indian Ocean): Review
- Mere Dad Ki Maruti – Music Review (Bollywood Soundtrack)
- Raaga Primer: The Melakartha Raaga Paddhathi
- Spiderman: Turn Off The Dark – Previews Out!