Another late post. The Star Plus theme song has been doing the rounds on TV and radio for quite some time now. Nevertheless decided to post it for the sake of less fortunate people bereft of much mass media access (yours truly included) who might have still not heard of this song. Brainchild of Piyush Pandey and composed by the versatile Vishal Bhardwaj, Tu Hi Tu is an attempt to pay the tribute to a woman’s contribution to life. A sensible idea from the marketing perspective to woo the junta who form a major chunk of the channel’s target audience.
VB has got Master Saleem to deliver this track, and it is quite like the song they offered in 7 Khoon Maaf, classical-oriented (raga Subhapanthuvarali I thought) and dark, though a bit lean on the richness of arrangement. While a sinister raga is surprising choice for a song extolling womanhood, the song makes a wonderful listen – for Saleem’s trained rendition, for VB’s masterful orchestration, especially the violin and the percussion rising to a feverish crescendo towards the end.
- Bekhabar from Ankur and the Ghalat Family
- Chittagong – Music Review (Bollywood Soundtrack)
- Ek Din: Kavita Seth – Music Review (Hindi Album)
- One, The Unity Song. By George Peter and Friends
- Top 10 Bollywood Playback Singers of 2011
- Coke Studio at MTV – Season 2 Episode 1. Thoughts.
- The Inner Self Awakens, by Agam – Music Review (Carnatic Progressive Rock Album)
- Aahatein, Agnee’s Theme Song for MTV Splitsvilla 4 available for free download
- Pyaar Ka Punchnama (Hindi Movie Soundtrack) – Music Review
- Payback – Music Review