Question Courtesy: Flightless One
Answer: The Rolling Stone logo. JohnÂ John Pasche was a 25 year old student at London’s Royal College of Art when he asked by the Stones management to design a poster for the band’s European tour. Apparently, Mick Jagger turned up at John Pascheâ€™s final degree show where the poster was on display. Soon after, Mick Jagger asked him to design a logo for The Rolling Stones record label and showed him an image of the Hindu Goddess Kali, which was his starting point. The work was done in about two weeks and he was just paid Â£50 for the task. Two years later, he was paid another Â£200 as a recognition from the band to its success. The copyright of the logo was lately bought by the band, but Pasche still owned the original artwork, which is currently on sale for Ã‚Â£300,000 at the artistâ€™s web site.
- Its Rahman and Jagger next!!
- Daily Quiz #40
- Billboard names Bon Jovi top grossing act of 2010
- A.Song.A.Day – Imagine by John Lennon
- Daily Quiz #18
- American Idol Top 12 kick off with the Rolling Stones
- A R Rahman composes for 2012 London Olympics Opening Ceremony
- A.Song.A.Day – American Pie
- First Song from John McLaughlin’s new album out for Free Download!
- Daily Quiz #52